Are you new to parenting, and you feel different emotions piling up cause you feel tensed and confused? Then this article is just for you. Cause today I’m going to share a few important tips and tricks that’ll help you to handle the situation like a pro. So if you are someone, who is struggling to cope up with the current scenario, then keep on reading till the end.
So without blabbering much, let’s get started with our topic.
10 Magic Tricks to Ensure a Smooth Experience
- You’ll feel stressed and expect that. Being a parent is not easy, and you’ll feel emotional turmoil quite often. You’ll feel sad, happy and angry at times even. You’ll feel frustrated as well, but these are normal and you don’t need to feel guilty for that. As you have to compromise your needs and your plans for your baby at times. It’s okay to feel down sometimes. Accept that.
- Try taking help when in need. There’s no need to take all the burden alone. Ask for help from your friends, neighbors, mother, and father or mother and father-in-law, or your brother or sister. You don’t need to take up all the responsibilities alone cause you’ll get frustrated with all the multitasking. You have to stay calm and function so divide house chores among all the members.
- Hire a house help if needed. There’s a lot of work in a family and with a small baby who mostly needs attention 24/7 from his/her mother or father, there’s no way you can leave them behind. If you are a single parent or you live in a nuclear family, then you probably need house help to do all the other house chores.
- Let your partner take over sometimes. It’s important that you ask your partner to take in the baby. It’s important for the baby to get to know each parent, and receive their touch, love, and everything. You can rest a while when your partner will invest some time, and that way, you won’t feel tired or frustrated. Honestly, that’s how you do the stuff together.
- Don’t forget your existence or who you are. As we are always taught that being parents is equal to sacrificing our own needs and everything. Well, that’s not how things work, at least nowadays. Watch a movie, take a break and go out sometimes. Start reading books if you love them. Listen to songs and do whatever you want. Cause if you lose your essence, how will you be a perfect role model for your child?!
- Be a parent and not a pal. Your child will make a lot of friends, but not your parents. So don’t get way too friendly or way too strict. Keep a balance. Make your place clear to them so that they respect you, abide you, also love you. Make a safe place so that they can also share their life problems with you. Don’t scold or humiliate them, but just make things clear for them.
- If you are the parent of a newborn and your baby is on board, and you are struggling with the thought of what to buy or what to prepare. Always buy BPA-free bottles and buy best baby bottles, some gas medicines for your little one, bathing accessories, clothes, toys, and the best baby formula for your best baby.
- Get used to disappointments. Forgive yourself for your mistakes. It’s okay to make mistakes, and it’s okay to try again.
- Stock on baby formula, milk, medicines, and diapers. It’s important cause you never know when the stock will get over.
- Always cut the nails of your baby when he/she is sleeping. Cutting nails is important so that they don’t hurt themselves. While they are sleeping, you can do tasks like cutting nails, cleaning hair, gunk, etc.
How to Handle a Newborn
Often people don’t know how to handle a newborn. They are quite fragile and you need to be very careful while handling a newborn. These are some tips that will help you get accustomed to how to take care of a newborn.
- While you are handling a baby, when you are picking up, or you are holding a newborn, always hold the neck and head. Always support it. As your baby’s bones and muscles are much more fragile, they can easily get hurt.
- Don’t shake your baby. It can cause bleeding in the brain, and your baby may get hurt badly. Whether you’re angry or you are playing, don’t shake your baby roughly. While waking them up, just tickle and blow on their face.
- Wash and sanitize your hand thoroughly before picking them up or holding them . As their immune system is low, they can easily get contaminated with germs.
- Change your baby’s diaper often and clean that area with soap and water. Don’t use tissue as they can get hurt.
- Always check the milk temperature yourself before feeding them.
- Wash the bottles with warm water to keep germs out of them.
- Help them burp after every meal.
- Talk to a physician if you feel like your baby is acting weird. Don’t go by your gut feeling always.
- Never leave your baby alone while he/she is awake. Even if they are sleeping, keep someone to take a look after them.
- If you are scared to introduce your baby to bath water, then you can sponge them gently, but remember to be gentle. Use baby products only and ask your doctor about the products.
Final Thoughts –
These are some of the tips that you need to keep in mind while parenting for the first time. Being a parent for the first time is a happy moment and probably the best moment of your life. Make each moment more memorable.
Now it’s time to wrap things up quickly. Comment down below if you have any queries. Till the next time take care and all the best.