Saving money on TV and internet bills can be complicated if you do not approach them correctly. Before you read ahead, you want to ask yourself one thing. That is, “what do you really want?”
It is essential to know what you want before checking around because salespeople and websites will try to up-sell you. It is a part of companies’ sales tactics to maximize their profits. If you do not know what you want, you will end up with a high-priced option with loads of features you do not want or need.
With that in mind, let’s go over 10 tips to save money on two of the most vital aspects of our lives, TV and the internet.
- Group Them Together – If you pay separate companies for your services, you will pay more than you need to. Grouping them together with one supplier will get you a group discount. You may even be able to find a local company that offers TV, internet, and phone services. The more services you group, the cheaper the overall cost will be.
- Scale Back On Your Services- It is nice to have every channel the service provider carries, and nothing is better than having the fastest internet speed on the block, but do you really need them. You can save a substantial amount of money by scaling back to what you actually need. You can always upgrade back up a little if you get to the point where you need more channels and more speed.
- Use Streaming Services – The days of cable TV are in the past. The best way to go now is to use your internet provider to access the shows and movies you like through the various streaming companies. They allow you to watch all your shows when you want to watch them. And they are cheaper to have than a cable TV subscription.
- Use A TV Antennae – A decade or so ago, this was the only way to get local channels. Now, you can pay for an expensive package that offers you them in your cable TV line-up. Or you can save money by buying a small antenna that connects directly to the back of your TV. This will give you the locals without having to pay for a package you do not need.
- Compare Providers – The great thing about being in a technological era is that you have options. You can visit a comparison site online and find the best broadband plans for the best prices. They do all the hard work for you, and all you will need to do is to go through the offers and find the best option for you.
- Use Free Wi-Fi – There are many places scattered around your town that give you free Wi-Fi access. You may have to have a library card or buy a cup of coffee while you are streaming the newest episode of your favorite program. That is much cheaper than having your own TV and internet service.
- Use Basic Subscription Options – There are many services you can find around the interent, allowing you to delete your cable subscription. When taking advantage of these, you need to opt for basic subscriptions. Many will enable you to upgrade if you want to remove the commercials, but it will cost you.
- Share Subscriptions With Family – When you pay for a streaming company that allows you to watch shows on up to 5 different devices, you might as well make sure that there are five hooked up. This means you can give your log-in information to a family member across the country, and they can turn around and do the same, but with a different company.
- Take Advantage Of Your New Phone – If you have been looking into getting a new mobile phone, you may also want to consider changing phone providers. Many of them will be running promotions that give you free access to one of the streaming companies for up to a year. Even if not for an entire year, the service is free, so it is a great deal.
- Work Around The Movies – If you are not a person that sits in front of the TV all day, but you still enjoy a good movie, you may want to consider having internet access but no movie services or cable TV. You can rent them from a local business if there are any in your area, or from a site such as YouTube. You can even buy the ones you genuinely like and save them in your online library.
It is as simple as that. These 10 tips on saving money on your TV and internet services can add up to a sizable amount of money. You do not have to follow all the tips. In fact, just one will give you a difference that you can see in your budget. Go through them, choose the ones that apply to you the most, and save some cash for more important things.