The Undertaker gave a uncommon out-of-character interview with 9 Lives Attire this week, the place he gave his private reactions to his Boneyard Match from WrestleMania 36. The cinematic match was cherished by followers, making it a particular spotlight of the unorthodox occasion. However between it, Bray Wyatt’s Firefly Enjoyable Home Match with John Cena and Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano’s “One Last Beat” match on NXT this week, it appears like cinematic matches inside WWE are right here to remain. Undertaker admitted he did not know exactly after they’d do it once more, however stated that sorts of match wants the precise folks concerned.
“As a result of that one was so profitable it lends to that, however to not give myself a pat on the again, you gotta have the precise gamers to try this,” Undertaker stated. “Guys that basically perceive their characters and actually nonetheless depend on that a part of the enterprise, not simply the athletic aspect of the enterprise. I believe extra guys type of lean that method now. The place for me that put me proper again in my wheelhouse and AJ can work with a brush deal with and put a 4 star match on.”
He additionally defined why it was referred to as a Boneyard Match as a substitute of a Buried Alive Match given the foundations have been the identical and he had been concerned in a handful of these matches previously.
“f I might have made the match, I might have stated, ‘Okay, this can be a Buried Alive Match,'” he defined. “AJ Types does not know something about Buried Alive Matches, he referred to as it a Boneyard Match, he is the one who made the match, so, now it is a Boneyard Match. Even Buried Alive Matches typically occurred within the enviornment, so I believe we have been simply making an attempt to provide our viewers one thing like, ‘What’s that?’ We attempt to add just a little little bit of intrigue and get folks speaking.”
The match ended with Undertaker burying Types underneath six toes of grime and driving off on his motorbike. Neither man appeared on any WWE programming following Mania.
Listed below are the complete outcomes from each nights of WrestleMania 36:
Night time One
- Cesaro def. Drew Gulak (Kickoff Present)
- Girls’s Tag Crew Championships: Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross def. The Kabuki Warriors
- Elias def. King Baron Corbin
- Uncooked Girls’s Championship: Becky Lynch def. Shayna Baszler
- Intercontinental Championship: Sami Zayn def. Daniel Bryan
- SmackDown Tag Crew Championships: John Morrison def. Jimmy Uso and Kofi Kingston (Ladder Match)
- Kevin Owens def. Seth Rollins
- WWE Common Championship: Braun Strowman def. Goldberg (New Champion)
- Boneyard Match: The Undertaker def. AJ Types
Night time Two
- Liv Morgan def. Natalya (Kickoff)
- NXT Girls’s Championship: Charlotte Aptitude def. Rhea Ripley (New Champion)
- Aleister Black def. Bobby Lashley
- Otis def. Dolph Ziggler
- Final Man Standing Match: Edge def. Randy Orton
- Uncooked Tag Crew Championships: The Avenue Earnings def. Angel Garza and Austin Concept
- SmackDown Girls’s Championship: Bayley def. Lacey Evans, Naomi, Sasha Banks and Tamina
- Firefly Enjoyable Home Match: “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt def. John Cena
- WWE Championship: Drew McIntyre def. Brock Lesnar (New Champion)
Get the best of The Thus delivered to your inbox – subscribe to The Thus Newsletters. For the latest News follow The Thus on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest and stay in the know with what’s happening in the world around you – in real-time.