Laser hair removal is an efficient procedure to eliminate unwanted hair for good. It’s safe, effective, and relatively quick—but there are a few things you should know before you book your appointment. Read on for the top ten tips you need to know before getting laser hair removal.
- Do your research – Before booking an appointment, make sure the clinic has experience doing laser hair removal and that they use a reputable brand of lasers. Ask about their training and make sure they’re certified in the procedure.
- Check for discounts – When it comes to knowing the cost of laser hair removal, many clinics offer discounts for package deals or special offers if you purchase multiple treatments at one time. It never hurts to ask!
- Choose the right type of laser –Whether it is hair removal for upper lip through laser or going for a full body package, make sure to choose the right laser. Different types of lasers work better on different skin types, so make sure you pick the right one for your skin tone and type. The technician should be able to help guide you in this decision if necessary.
- Get ready to go bare – Since the laser targets melanin in the skin, it will not work on dark or tanned skin (so don’t forget to wear sunscreen!). Make sure you shave the area before treatment and avoid putting any creams or lotions on it beforehand as this can interfere with the laser’s effectiveness.
- Take it slow – Laser hair removal works best when done gradually over several treatments spaced out over several weeks or months. This allows the laser to target each hair follicle individually and ensures that all hairs are removed effectively over time. Doing it all at once may result in some hairs being missed or not fully removed from the root, resulting in patchy results down the line.
- Don’t try DIY – If you are thinking to try hair removal for upper lip through a laser at home then stop! While there are at-home laser devices available, these are not recommended as they can be dangerous if used incorrectly or overused by inexperienced users. Since we may not understand how much energy is needed for successful treatments without causing damage to surrounding tissue or pigmentation changes in the skin it is best to avoid doing laser treatment at home.
- Stay out of direct sunlight – Avoid going out into direct sunlight after treatment as this can cause irritation and inflammation of treated areas as well as increase the risk of hyperpigmentation (darkening) of treated areas due to sun exposure while healing is occurring post-treatment sessions. 8. Have realistic expectations – Laser hair removal is not an overnight process; it takes time, patience and dedication throughout each stage of treatment until final results are achieved after multiple sessions have been completed by the practitioner.
- Be prepared for pain – Although most people find laser hair removal tolerable with little discomfort during the session, some people experience more pain than others depending upon their threshold sensitivity level so having topical numbing cream applied prior session may help reduce any discomfort experienced during treatment.
- Follow aftercare instructions – Immediately following the session, the practitioner will provide advice about what needs to be done afterwards such as avoiding sun exposure, staying hydrated, cleaning/moisturizing treated area(s), etc; follow these instructions diligently in order to ensure best results from laser treatments performed.
When done correctly, laser hair removal is a safe and effective way to get rid of unwanted body hair permanently with minimal side effects and downtime required afterwards. At makeO skinnsi you can get a full or specific body laser hair reduction at just Rs 2,300 EMI/month.the cost of laser hair removal at makeO skinnsi is super affordable. What’s more? makeO skinnsi pros use an ice cool laser technology that does not heat up your skin. You can also book a free trial to understand the do’s and dont’s of the treatment before you buy a package. So what are you waiting for? Book your slot today!